To order a new Visa Debit card you must first meet the following criteria:
- You have an active everyday or savings account that you can access severally (single signing authority)
- You are at least 13 years old
If you meet the above criteria you can:
- Upgrade your EFTPOS card to a Visa Debit card by submitting our online Visa Debit Upgrade Request Form, or via:
- ANZ Internet Banking by navigating to Apply & open
- ANZ goMoney by nagivating to Services > Apply & open
- Call ANZ on 0800 269 296. If you are overseas, call +64 4 470 3142 (toll charges apply)
- visit any ANZ branch in New Zealand with photo ID.
Note: EFTPOS cards can be issued to customers aged between 7 and 12 years old subject to branch manager discretion. Please visit a branch with your parent or guardian to apply.
When you receive the card
- You will need to load a PIN via either ANZ Internet Banking or ANZ goMoney or at any New Zealand ANZ Branch with photo ID
- If your new Visa Debit card is replacing a current EFTPOS card, the EFTPOS card will become inactive after your first use of the Visa Debit card