KiwiSaver contributions holiday

Last updated: 24/08/2017 08.50 AM

Can I stop making contributions to KiwiSaver?

Yes. If you're an employee, once you've been a member for 12 months you can take a break from contributing - this is called a contributions holiday.

You need to apply to Inland Revenue to take a contributions holiday. If you are suffering from significant financial hardship you can apply to take a contributions holiday earlier. Further details can be found on the Inland Revenue website.

Contact us

By phone

on 0800 269 296

6am to 12 midnight,
7days a week


Contact us online

Visit an ANZ branch

Find your nearest branch