KiwiSaver early withdrawal for permanent emigration

Last updated: 24/08/2017 08.50 AM

Can I withdraw my KiwiSaver savings if I’m moving overseas permanently?

If you move overseas permanently, other than to Australia, you can withdraw your savings (excluding any Australian sourced funds) from KiwiSaver after you've been overseas for one year.

To apply, please complete our Permanent Emigration Withdrawal Application Form (PDF 56kB).

If you’re moving to Australia, you can transfer your KiwiSaver savings to an Australian complying superannuation fund that is willing to accept the transfer. See transfer your KiwiSaver savings to Australia.

Contact us

By phone

on 0800 269 296

6am to 12 midnight,
7days a week


Contact us online

Visit an ANZ branch

Find your nearest branch