Waitangi Day payments
On Waitangi day, your payments may be processed on different days.
|Payments type||Due on||Will be sent|
Future-dated electronic payments and loan payments
|Thursday 5 February 2020||Friday 7 February 2020|
If you set up a same-day electronic payment to another bank after 10pm on Wednesday 5 February or on Waitangi Day, Thursday 6 February, we will take the money immediately but send the payment in the morning on Friday 7 February
We understand you’ll receive Ministry of Social Development payments earlier than usual.
Ministry of Social Development payments
|Usually available on||Will be available on|
|Thursday 6 February 2020||Wednesday 5 February 2020|
There are no changes to IRD payments.
Choose a payment type below for more information:
We can refuse to make an electronic payment in some situations:
- You don't have enough money in the account you're paying from to make the payment, or that money is uncleared funds
- The payment amount is over any transaction limit for that account
- A technical failure stops us processing the payment. This could be in our systems or in the systems used by the banking industry
- The information you've given us isn't complete or correct
- We believe the payment involves some form of fraud, money laundering, or other criminal conduct by you, an authorised signatory, or someone else
- We've received a Court order that stops us processing the payment