We recommend you try contacting the merchant you made the purchase with before submitting a dispute.
To dispute a transaction on your ANZ credit card you must be the primary or additional cardholder. The dispute must also be submitted within 60 days of the transaction. You can still contact us after 60 days to tell us if you believe there are errors or transactions you haven't authorised. We'll work with you to help resolve the issue for you if possible. However, we do not accept any responsibility for the loss.
Submitting a dispute
- Download and complete the Customer Transaction Dispute Form (PDF 280kB)
- Save the completed PDF to your local drive (otherwise the information entered will lost)
- Send the form by either:
- Emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxing to: 0800 227 3269 (+64 4 495 3216 from overseas)
- Mailing to: ANZ Chargebacks and Disputes, PO Box 39384, Wellington Mail Centre, Lower Hutt, 5045
- ANZ will investigate the dispute within 20 business days on receipt of the dispute form. Should this take any longer, you'll be notified and provided a reason for the delay.
- Contact us on 0800 269 296 to complete a customer transaction dispute form over the phone.
We are unable to guarantee any reversals.
- If the dispute is successful, a credit will be applied to your credit card account
- If the dispute is unsuccessful, you will be advised in writing and charged a $15 dispute fee (per event, multiple transactions are covered by the single fee)