You can decrease your ANZ credit card limit in ANZ goMoney (see eligibility criteria below).
Simply log on to goMoney app and either:
- go to 'Services' then select 'Manage Cards'. Choose the card you wish to reduce the limit on and select 'Decrease Credit Card Limit". Then follow the prompts or,
- select your Credit Card account from the Account screen, go to 'Account Details' then select 'Decrease limit', and follow the prompts.
If you need help, check out our How-to guide for the goMoney app.
Things to note:
- Before decreasing your credit card limit: Ensure you choose a new limit that supports your future credit card use. Any subsequent credit card limit increase requests will be subject to our full lending application process, including reviewing your financial situation.
- The decrease will apply to all cards linked to the account.
- Only the primary or secondary additional cardholders can decrease the credit limit.
- You will not be able to decrease your limit if the new limit causes the account to go over the limit (i.e. the owing balance is greater than the limit set).
- You will not be able to decrease your limit if we do not have a current address for you on our records.
- The decrease must not take the credit limit below the minimum credit limit for the card. You can check the minimum credit limits for ANZ credit cards on the table below:
ANZ Low Rate Visa, ANZ Airpoints Visa, Qantas ANZ Visa, ANZ CashBack Visa
ANZ CashBack Visa Gold
ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum, Qantas ANZ Visa Platinum, ANZ CashBack Visa Platinum
- Call us on 0800 658 044. If you are overseas, call +64 9 522 3010
- Send us a Bank Mail request via ANZ Internet Banking
- visit any ANZ branch in New Zealand with photo ID.